WFDB And Korea Diamond Exchange Sign Cooperation Agreement
The WFDB and the Korea Diamond Exchange (KDE) have signed a Cooperation Agreement in which the World Federation will help with the development of the bourse which was established in 2011.
The agreement was signed in Johannesburg on February 6.
Under the terms of the agreement:
- The WFDB assist with the promotion of the diamond business in South Korea wherever possible.
- The WFDB assist the KDE in lobbying the Korean government in matters that can enhance the diamond business wherever possible.
- WFDB's President Ernie Blom and KDE Chairman Nam Chang-Soo will cooperate in growing the Korean diamond industry.
- As with the Shanghai Diamond Exchange and its success, the WFDB and KDE will work to achieve the same results.
- Mr Blom and Mr Nam will discuss the overall diamond business and related issues on an ongoing basis.
Ernie Blom commented: "The WFDB will always seek to help any bourse that needs its assistance. The WFDB exists to help its members in many ways, and this is an example of how we can do this."